Original topic:

Frustrated that Google has taken over my Samsung phone

(Topic created: 09-05-2024 11:28 AM)
SwanDawg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Anyone else upset/frustrated Google has taken over my Samsung Phone?

I might as well switch over to a Google Pixel!
17 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm sure that's true, but you buy a Google operating system then Google makes the rules.  In most cases, you can still use alternative apps, it's just that Samsung is not going to further develop their messages app.

0 Likes
wtupyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I understand it all, just pointing out that's probably what their frustration is. šŸ«¤
0 Likes
PeeZee420
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
All I know is I like to customize every aspect of my phone and that everything. So, I am a buyer of themes. I use good lock, I love good lock! Samsung needs to remember that the reason a lot of people bought their phones was because they could do these types of customizations. And Google messenger is just too **bleep** plain for me! I hear people talking about Googles features. What features? Does it let you put any image for a background? Does it let you pick colors you want for your in and out bubbles and fonts? Can you customize all aspects of the keyboard, not like that thing Google has for that gboard. Even though I have a Note 20 Ultra, Google and Samsung need to leave my property alone! So I guess it will be time for me to learn how to root my phone like I did once before! Samsung ought to be ashamed of themselves for becoming a bunch of lazy assess! They totally have forgotten what and why they were once the #1 smartphone.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

The features relate to function.  While it might be somewhat pleasant to pretty things up, themes are distracting and add nothing to the functionality of a messaging app.  I want my apps to be functional for their stated purpose and Google has lots of functionality that I actually use, such as spam control, archiving and the ability to view and send messages on an actual computer, to name a few.

Seriously, if you don't want to use Google apps, don't.  Also, don't use Google technology in the form of Android devices.

While I appreciate customization, the bottom line is I want my device to work, which it does.

0 Likes
winterbeard
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Very frustrated. Google has invaded my home screen, too. Might be because my S21 home screen was not locked. Updated my S21, and Google "stuff" starts showing up. Warning to everyone. Keep your homecreen locked. Shouldn't have to, but with all the $$$ being made by advertising, you no choice.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I get not one single ad from Google (or any other app on my phone).  I don't know what you all are downloading or doing, but in the 20 years or so I've been using smart phones, never once - not ever, have I had any kind of ad from any source.  Including now.

0 Likes
winterbeard
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I feel that a class action lawsuit against Google needs to be started. They invaded my HOMEscreen and will continue until it cost them financially.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

That's funny.  You buy Google tech, and then complain about "invasion". Sure, go for a class action...See if you can get anyone to take it on.

0 Likes