JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to keep the Secure Folder app as a password and still use my biometrics?

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 10:38 PM)
Dontaskme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

How do I keep the secure folder app on my phone as a password and still be able to use my biometrics on the apps that are in this folder?

My goal is to keep my financial apps within my secure folder with a password. But once I'm in the secure folder I would like to use my biometrics to my financial apps for speedier access.

Can this be done?
6 Replies
Solution
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Open secure folder>3 dots>settings>more settings>Samsung pass>login to your Samsung account.
During setup I received this warning
"Secure Folder limitations
When you set up Samsung Pass in Secure Folder, the data can't be backed up to Samsung Cloud. Also, if you set up 2 instances of Samsung Pass, some banks will only allow you to use 1 instance to sign in."Screenshot_20211022-134744_Samsung Pass_18808.jpg
Dontaskme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. That worked. However I noticed whatever you add into the secure folder you must also delete the same app outside the secure folder. Samsung has horrible constructions.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm trying to follow you, but I'm a little lost, so...?

So you want to unlock your phone with your fingerprint or PIN, unlock your secure folder with a password, then unlock your finance app with your fingerprint?

I would assume each financial app would be opened per the security settings in each of the apps.

And the secure folder per the security settings in it, which does allow a password for clearance.

So I don't see the issue. What I'm I missing?
0 Likes
Dontaskme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you but I Je655 got me to where I needed to adjust the settings.
briguy575
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Use a file vault app from Google play instead
0 Likes
Dontaskme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
What's the major difference between both?
0 Likes