JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Missing "Settings" Icon

(Topic created: 08-12-2021 10:49 AM)
usernI84ZQjWtw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

The “Services” icon (teal-gray with the gear) disappeared from the Apps list that comes up when one triggers the gray icon with the 9 dots in a square.  I wanted to add it to the bottom screen area that’s always on across home screens but when I went out to the Apps pages, it’s not there. I can still get to it using the top pull down, but that’s a pain, so I downloaded a “Quick Settings” app that I can accomplish the same with.  I’ve tried everything, but can’t seem to add it back into the available list. It is in the detailed Apps list under the Systems Settings, but it’s noted as “not a default” and I can’t change that either. Any suggestions?

5 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Open up the app drawer and use the search box and look for "settings".  It may reveal itself via the search.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
usernI84ZQjWtw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Only the "Quick Settings" app that I downloaded earlier showed up. The System icon didn't reveal itself. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Try Settings->Apps->One UI Home->Storage->Clear Cache.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Solution
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Is you settings icon under your hidden apps? app drawer > three dots > settings > hide apps > check and see if "settings" icon is hidden

check for it there

bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

The square with the dots is the apps drawer button which can be turned on in the One UI settings.  I believe that my suggestion to clear the  cache of the One UI home launcher will restore the icon which is the settings gear.

Bill
---
0 Likes