JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-16-2021 08:52 AM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I ordered Phantom Black because, just like my truck, it was the only color available with the options I wanted. Smiley Very Happy

11-16-20ram-ceramic.JPG

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21

I ordered the Galaxy S21 at the launch day and have mixed feelings about it but I would still think its a better phone than my S20. Though there are certain known downgrades on S21 like only 8 GB RAM, no expandable SD cart slot, lower resolution in terms of over ppi etc. However in my opinion Samsung has made some good enhancements in the processor and AI. And the hope is a smoother experience, better battery life and background task or process management.

Moreover, the best thing I like about Samsung is their trade-in program, it's one of the best in the industry. Imagine they are offering 700$ for your S20 and 150$ in additional credit. This helps a lot in realizing the total cost of ownership of the phone. Apple or Google are not very generous when it comes to trade-in. And a normal base level upgrade still runs into 300$ to 400$

I'm hopeful the new S21 phone to be better than the S20.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
got my note10plus for$500
premium material
performs better than most Intel laptops
dex
SD card
built in s PEN
you get a lot more
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Lucky you. I haven't used the note ever but it seems like a powerhouse to me.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
512 storage
12 gigs of RAM
0 Likes
drew272011
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm considering it 16 gb of ram for the 512 ultra but if I do i will need buying anymore phones for at least 5 years tired of switching
0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

I hope you enjoy your new S21;  with the limitations you mentioned: 8 gb ram; lowering screen resolution and no SD Card slot, there is no way I would upgrade my S20+ to the S21.  I'm not even sure one could consider it an upgrade...? 

A number of years ago Samsung blundered by not putting an SD Card in the Galaxy S6;  they corrected that with the S7 and every model thereafter... that's a huge negative not  having expandable storage.  But different strokes for different folks... I hope your new phone is everything and more that you expect!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
I know what you mean in some sense this essentially is a downgrade. One of the major differences between Apple and Samsung as a company is that Apple's iOS is rock solid, it doesn't need a 12GB ram to perform better. iOS leverages your hardware and manages memory better than their competitors. The thing I'm hoping in the new Samsung S21 is the learnings Samsung would incorporate to make their operating system better even though it'd Android Samsung does a lot of tweaks. Plus, the  new processor from Qualcomm together with an better software could get us better experience. Honestly, I'm upgrading because as I mentioned Samsung is extremely generous in their trade-in policy.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Unfortunately for many the downgrades outweigh any minute improvement this offering may provide. Personally if I wanted the Apple experience I would buy an Apple product. That appears to be what Samsung is telling its customers, here is your Apple.
2ndComet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
S21 ultra is finally here guys,go get yourself a s21 ultra if your budget allows😊😊😊. No lie it's a really cool device,all the better parts of the s20 ultra plus more.
0 Likes