JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-31-2021 09:36 AM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the information on Monument, I'll check it out. I am currently using Syncthing on my S20 linked to the original Pixel 1 that uploads my videos and pictures to my Google Photos account at original quality automatically when the S20 is connected to my home WiFi.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userBwHIjqnKIR wrote:
Thanks for the information on Monument, I'll check it out. I am currently using Syncthing on my S20 linked to the original Pixel 1 that uploads my videos and pictures to my Google Photos account at original quality automatically when the S20 is connected to my home WiFi.

@userBwHIjqnKIR 

What happens to that after June 21 or is it a Promotional feature of some kind?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Options
Galaxy S21
The original Pixel comes with lifetime free storage at original quality, every Pixel after the 1st Pixel comes with a limit, I think 2 or 3 years. Hopefully Google doesn't change the terms and remove the unlimited upload at original quality feature.
Carmelized
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

just brought a 512 memory card for 89.99 at best buy.

Options
Galaxy S21

High end SD cards are not that expensive. For that matter internal ram is a VERY profitable item for phone manufacturers.

userkGUjShco4u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

dude just like the phone the sd card technology is improving..

evolut
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

thing is not even sales , is about speed , ,

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry it is not about speed but about greed and their agreement with Microsoft. I can write the video to the internal memory then move it Far faster than it can load to the cloud AND I can view it at anytime even when I do not have internet access.

evolut
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

so do you think people want to stay on 1080 ? to use an sd card reliably ? or they want 3.1 ufs storage speed ? or 3.2 or 4.0 ? as it arrives less and less use for sd card ,

evolut
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I do believe is a good move , that sooner rather than later every manufacturer will have to remove , sd cards are not going to get to that speed , at any reasonable price , are you willing to pay more for sd card than for your own phone ? are you going to wait hours to move a movie on 8k of 20 minutes ? I doubt it ,