There is a small 1-2 second shutter lag between the moment when you press the shutter button on the screen and the photo being taken.
This is present on all the note phone and both the s series,including the newer S21 ultra and line-up.
Please address this issue or at least make it know to the people in charge of the software department at Samsung to fix this,it is honestly really annoying and sometimes you miss shots because of it,I will also link to a video comparison in order to show real evidence pointing to this.
Thank you,and please up vote this so that Samsung hears about it and at least start to think about doing something! :folded_hands::folded_hands:https://youtu.be/1yhttps://youtu.be/1ynDWGd0EjYnDWGd0EjY
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Can you tell me more? What issues have you experienced so far? I mean I really still enjoy my note10 plus and I'm so far really satisfied with it,except for a few minor issues regarding mostly the camera app,like the shutter lag and also the camera app opening lag sometimes,other than that it works really well.
- I am really considering switching to the s21 ultra or the next Note if there is going to be a next one,but it depends if they are going to solve the few annoying software issues or not.
1. Very poor photo quality compared to my S10+
2.Battery life isn't even close to my old S10+
3. No slot for SD card which I knew before I bought.
4. Several applications will not run on the S21+ and Facebook keeps crashing when scrolling. I am not sure if it's the hardware or Android 11 causing the issue on this.
5. No charger comes with the phone and the cable that comes with the phone has a type C on both ends so your old charger won't work with this cable.
6. Focus issues with the camera.
7. The camera has 64MP mode in one ratio only 3:4 and even in 64MP mode if you zoom in the quality is horrible.
8. Make sure to get a phone case with your phone. The outer shell is so slick you can't hold it in your hand and don't even try the neck shoulder thing.
9. I haven't noticed any significant improvement in connection speeds or processing power.
I have other petty issues but these are the major ones.
I am having this exact issue on my new galaxy s21 Ultra. Super disappointing. I have had a Samsung galaxy s8+, a OnePlus 7 pro, and a Google Pixel 5. None have had this type of shutter lag. Photos come out blurry and I often miss the shots I was trying to get. It's embarrassing.
I understand that the s21 ultra uses the new isocell sensor and that maybe it is not optimized. I truly hope this is a problem that will be fixed soon. The overall software seems to lack polish.
I have also had an issue where the middle area of the image will tend to have a reddish hue when taking pictures of solid colors. Especially noticeable with navy blue. This seems like it could be a hardware issue with the sensor. (see attached pictures below) The circled image below is taken on the galaxy s21 ultra and the second photo was taken on the google pixel 5.
An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/17/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.