Original topic:

S Pen Not Recognized on S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 06-27-2021 06:24 PM)
userducKfMqJsz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

My phone came with an S Pen which worked great for several months. After not using it for about three weeks, suddenly my phone will not register it at all. I have done the basic troubleshooting of:

-Restarting phone

-Making sure S Pen functionality is turned on under Advanced Settings > S Pen

-Repairing apps / clearing cache

Is there an app hidden in the device that may have been disabled? Any other troubleshooting steps are appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
iamwhoiamMAN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
receive old contacts from another phone
0 Likes
userducKfMqJsz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello and thanks for your response. Are you saying I should perform a "smart-switch" from another phone to regain S Pen functionality? Is this a known fix? I do not believe this has anything to do with the S Pen, also, I do not have another phone to do this with.

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userducKfMqJsz 

No, it has nothing to do with contacts..I'm not sure who he was responding to.

First, try booting into Safe Mode and see if the pen works.

Second. if you have something close by, would be to go to any store that sells Samsung and try another S-Pen to rule out yours as the issue.

Sometimes the nib of the S-Pen goes faulty for some reason and often just removing it, and reinstalling it solves the problem...you could try that.

Just so you know my Ultra still works with the S-Pen and the June update so it's more likely an errant app that is causing this.

Of course the last resort is a Factory Reset.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userducKfMqJsz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks so much for your response! I tried Safe Mode to no avail. I then threw it in my pocket and took it to work so I could try it on a friend's phone, and voila! It magically started working again. I am assuming it needs a new tip since it is intermittently working. I will be looking to replace it soon. Thanks again!

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

is S Pen working with any other devices? (if you have any, like tablets or something) 

0 Likes