JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Battery Life Draining Quickly

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 10:29 PM)
Hauti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had my Galaxy S21 for 2 days, and the battery life is absolutely terrible. It barely makes it 8hrs, and for most of that time, I'm at work and not even using it. I lost 30% of battery life listening to 3 songs. I understand it learning etc but this is ridiculous. Every other Galaxy I've ever had has had great battery life, right out of the box. Is it defective? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
55 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

If you have tried all of the troubleshooting and optimization settings and the phone will still not hold a charge then service would be recommended. Or if you are within your return window, you are welcome to reach out to your retailer for options. If you purchased your phone through Samsung.com you will need to speak with the E-Commerce team for return options. They may be reached by calling 1-855-726-8721.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Computer Device
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

hey,  please allow us to remove Netflix or hide/disable completely!

That chicken app keeps updating every week!

Also, Samsung Messenger can't block SMS without a number ! girl.

userndPNYBeVWV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My new S21 Ultra doesn't last a day. A full charge will only last 12 hours on a standby mode. 

Is this some kind of misleading advertisement? If not, what's the best settings to conserve battery life?

Mathew
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
normal with new phones, give them time to optimize the software
0 Likes
Seanman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am very skeptical that software optimization will completely solve this problem and ever a week of "software optimization" I've not seen any change.
0 Likes
Seanman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Also, how long should we wait for this battery optimization, a week, a month?
0 Likes
AP900
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
heating and battery drain is seen on s21 ultra. I charged 100% but just within 10 min I saw a drop of 4% and heating is seen as well. please fix this issue
0 Likes
usergmTg6CnD0n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

same siutation to me ..
I have my S21 Ultra brand new without transfer anything, just installed some apps with Battery Saving On.

But the battery drain like horrible ... likely dropping 1% every 2 mins while I am just on a Zoom meeting.

What's happen to this Flagship phone ?

Samsung please check and fix it !

Seanman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
same problem here
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

The battery optimization should begin working as soon as you activate the features. As @Stephanie Nikki mentioned if you've tried troubleshooting above, when it comes to problems overheating or exorbitant drain to the battery, repairs would be recommended. This would be covered under the warranty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes