JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 + LED Casing lock screen settings

(Topic created: 02-27-2021 10:15 PM)
userVu7x4avGF2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have an irritating issue with S21+ LED flip case. Screen will lock immediately on close and cannot find a setting to disable this function.

Is very annoying when using NFC to tap to pay, because when accidentally close cover NFC will off. With previous flip casing I had on S8+ this did not happen.

Any clues please?

2 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Try Settings->Lock Screen->Secure Lock Settings->Autolock when screen turns off-> set to the desired delay time.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Solution
userVu7x4avGF2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks bill-e but that is not the solution, though I did find it, the answer is not so obvious. I already had the delay time set to 30 seconds, but the screen would instantly lock as soon as the cover was closed.

The correct solution was to disable "Lock instantly with Side key" in the Secure lock settings. When the flip cover is closed it turns the screen off, as does using the side key when the cover is open. When this option is enabled, closing the lid locks the phone as does the side key because the screen off action then triggers the phone to lock.

I would suggest this be incorporated into the LED case manual, because it really does not follow intuitively.