JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 PLUS BLACK SCREEN ONLY 3 MONTHS

(Topic created: 04-04-2021 02:24 AM)
userBE1SdazHWs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi! I was wondering if you can help me fix - my samsung s21 plus, which i just bought this january - all of a sudden went black screen. the phone is working - because my alarm that is set everyday is alarming. and i can all the phone if put the sim card in. 

i dont really know why it turned black screen all of a sudden. 

3 Replies
userphkvRNmQV1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Well (they say) hold the power button and the down volume button until the phone powers back up. It's supposed to be some type of reset.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds until you see some life.  That is a forced restart

If that doesn't work :

1. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons.
  2. Continue holding the buttons until the Samsung logo appears.
  3. Release the Power and Volume Down buttons.

That is a hard reset...no data lost.

One of these two sequences should work.

If these steps do not work, then the phone will need to be evaluated at an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location For service outside of the U.S., use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userNkG2vlvZwQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
This happened to my phone. The entire screen had to be replaced (under warranty). No explanation why a brand new phone would break. Don't even bother trying to ask Samsung the only steps they just keep repeating are the restart instructions above which will not fix a dead screen.