JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ulta, unable to set a ringtone for specific contacts

(Topic created: 01-31-2021 09:14 AM)
acs4cert
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I want to set a specific ringtone for a few contacts.  I see how to do this for the S20 phones, but the S21 Ultra seems to have some changes in OS design that does not permit this.  I understand I can create a group and have a ringtone for that group, but I wanted to select by contact and not have to have a bunch of groups of one contact.

16 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@acs4cert Try this:

1. Open Contacts
  2. Click on the contact that you want to add the personalized ringtone
  3. Click on Edit
  4. Click "View more" near the bottom of the page.
  5. Click on Ringtone
acs4cert
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Longhiker, I allready tried that.  The option to add a Ringtone is not available: Contact, Edit, View More, Ringtone!

userjOFr7ogmWM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Outstanding, Thank You
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user8q77HrF5N1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem Note 20
0 Likes
VirginiaUSA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I set all of my individual contact ringtones this week on mine.  I didn't need to create a group.

I don't know how to do screen shots on my phone yet (LOL)

Go into the Contacts app, not the phone icon.  When I click on a contact, I choose the edit button at the bottom of the screen.  Click on View More, scroll down to Ringtone, click on Ringtone and it should bring up the app to choose where to get your ringtone from.  I use Ringo, but the SecSoundPicker is also an option.  Choose a ringtone, back button and then save. 

0 Likes
acs4cert
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey Virginia and Longhiker, I did finally resolve the issue.  Not sure why, but I just added a few more custom ringtones to my S21 Ultra (allready had one special ringtone I added to my phone) and now the Contacts Ringtone selection (Contact, Edit, View More, Ringtone) shows up!!  Wow, I am confused, but I was now able to add a special ringtone.

Thanks everyone!!Smiley LOL

Members_ppAmv4p
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having this issue on my S21. I go to contacts, say add ringtone, get sent to soundpicker to choose the song - but whatever I choose, it says highlights isnt available with this file and then that the sound player doesnt support this type of audio file. It's a regular MP3, what am I doing wrong!

0 Likes
acs4cert
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

You might try moving an mp3 file "ringtone" from your computer to your phone.  That is how mine magically began to allow me to assign specific ring tones to specific contacts.

Most of my ringtones I created, moved, are 20kb to 200kb, but the largest is 2,333kb (2.333mb).  So unless you file size is huge you should have a pretty large latitude for file sizes.  Each of my ringtones has a rate of 44.1kHz.  Hope that helps!