JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra App. installation time

(Topic created: 03-03-2021 06:30 PM)
Rahul96
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I recently bought S21 Ultra (Exynos variant) and I couldn't help to notice that App Installation in S21 Ultra is very slow. I have a Xiaomi note 7s with snapdragon 660 in it and a 4GB ram. I tried running a test on both of them. Samsung S21 Ultra lost in every single app installation. I mean the time gap was more than 15 secs. 

For eg. I installed Facebook on both phones and Samsung took like 25-30 secs extra. 

So is it a software bug or what...coz it's really frustrating when you need apps to install quicker. Anyone with a Snapdragon variant of S21 Ultra, can u please check with your device.

Thanks 

10 Replies
Ch_k37
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
are you installing via Playstore or APK(Android Packager)??
Rahul96
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I tried installing via playstore as well as manually. But not much difference

0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the SD version device. I did notice the first day I had the phone that everything seemed rather slowish. After a day or 2 of usage, power on/off cycles and app installs it greatly improved. My 5G was even super slow the first day. All is well now so hopefully yours will settle in nicely if it hasn't already.
Rahul96
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Its been over 2 weeks but still not much of a difference. I hope this is something they can fix via software update. Thanks for the reply

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

how is your internet/wifi connection? try report the issue on samsung members app

Rahul96
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My wifi/internet connection is good and stable. No problem there. Just this issue.

0 Likes
timnicebutdim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the exact same problem, noticed it with the S20u and now the S21u both SD variants, just very annoying!

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

try report it on samsung members app

0 Likes
Solution
user6Pt10jJyEE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Guys I think I discovered the issue.

In

Settings ->

Battery and device care ->

three dots top right ->

Automation ->

Disable scan for malware.

This improved the play store install speed for me.

Let me know if you found this useful.