JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 fast wireless charging problem

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 01:16 AM)
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So after a quick google search it appears my s21 ultra will not fast wireless charge using a non Samsung charger like the big that was reported with the s20. It'll start fast charging when first put on the pad and after 5 or so seconds it reverts back to normal wireless charging. Anyone else have this issue? I have uploaded a video and my logs using Samsung members but yet to have a response on that yet. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
81 Replies
LionOJudah73
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Does Samsung have any plans to unrestrict wireless fast charging to non-samsung devices? I have spent a lot of money to have wireless chargers in various different locations and for different functions. In my home and at work I have samsung branded wireless fast chargers, but in my car and on my Harley Davidson I have the Quadlock Case wireless fast charger. They used to work just fine before I upgraded from the s20+ to the s21 ultra and then out of nowhere they just stopped fast charging... now I have 2 expensive wireless paper weights that used to work flawlessly in and on my vehicles... Can Samsung fix this or are we moving toward an Apple locked proprietary ecosystem...
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Be sure you have enabled fast charging on the phone

Settings
Battery and Device Care
Battery
More Battery Settings
0 Likes
LionOJudah73
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
All of that has been done. The issue is that it once worked fine now that there has been updates, the phone no longer works wit non-proprietary wireless Qi chargers.
0 Likes
user1A862cZ12U
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My S21 ultra charged fine up until a software update last week. Now I am being told I need to visit Mercedes to resolve the issue.

My  concern is that that could be chargeable (as I know the charger works on other phones and did on this new phone) and what happens the next time there is a software update.

0 Likes
user7GNdxl0tUm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same for me... I got the quadlock charger for my bike, and now it doesn't fast charge... very frustrating 

Svenergy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I just updated the software today and I told my wife not to do it.  It messed up my fast wireless charging with ALL wireless devices.  Which is crazy.  I hope SAmsung does a quick fix or lots of people will be upset about that.  I checked on their web site and its one of the ones authorized from them an Anker wireless charger.  Now its all normal charging.  Maybe time to switch phones which i hate doing.  but fast charging was a HUGE selling point when looking how fast these things use battery now 

0 Likes
EDM707
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue after patch today
0 Likes
user5FPHgv8Y9M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

as of yesterday My S21 Ultra was fast charging on all my Wireless Pads, regardless of 3rd Party or Samsung. Last night I had an Update, and now the phone will no Longer Fast Charge on any of my Wireless Pads .... works fine when hardwired.

0 Likes
raejr78
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My fast wireless charging has been working fine on my mophie charger. After the April update, fast wireless charging is broken. I have the S21 Ultra.

0 Likes
userYHgKOHpU2D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung Galaxy s21 April update. fast wireless changing is not working for me either. also Android auto and weblink to my car head unit will connect and then disconnect after 10 seconds. Broken also. This feels like a Microsoft update where they break everything!

0 Likes