Original topic:

S21 fe 5G is carrier locked and cant be unlocked by verizon

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 05:50 PM)
userR4y3hJYf43
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi everyone.
I bought this S21 fe 5G 3 years ago from Samsung.com locked to Verizon. I have miserable service where I now live so I am trying Mint Mobile.

Problem is, after verifying my phone was unlocked with vz and following all the steps for both vz and mint, I got an error message saying I "could not be activated on another carrier's network...."

I removed my vz rant, very angry with them, but they seem to think I stole the phone or have a fraudulent charge even though I have had autopay enabled for years and been a customer for over 14 years. Never going to be with them again.

They finally stated it was carrier locked and dont seem to have a clue what is going on and want to escalate yet again with a 3-5 day wait.

Would there be any reason this cant be done such as my purchasing a vz locked phone from samsung directly can or cannot be unlocked to move to another carrier?

0 Likes
13 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
It sounds like you're still under contract or the phone is not paid off. Do not cancel your plan before you port your phone.
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Verizon automatically unlocks all of their carrier lock devices after 60 days of service it's right in their terms it doesn't matter if the phone is paid off or not after 60 days it's automatically unlocked
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I do not believe that. Verizon does nothing they are not required to do, snd if the device was unlocked OP would not have a problem switching carriers.
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Read the unlock policy after 60 days the phone is unlocked it's right in their policy it's their policy and I can go find the proof if you want it give me a minute
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
First result of a Google search also I have Verizon and I know they're unlocked policy I've had them for years1722905864531.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
That was my thought too. It may be a policy but I think there's more to the OPs story.
0 Likes
userR4y3hJYf43
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

thanks for getting back. Purchased the phone new from samsung online outright. Phone bill has always been autopay forever. Was even told today that vz owes me $31.  Problem with vz is they have no clue as to what is going on here.

Hate to have to buy a new phone you know. Cant get a trade-in from samsung for an A35 but that is a downgrade in quality in too many ways. 

0 Likes
userR4y3hJYf43
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

BTW. I followed all of the procedures on both vz and mint as to the proper way to port my phone over. Vz will automatically delete and cancel your account when you make the move.

My wife agreed to  changes while she was speaking to an agent and as soon as she agreed to the modification, the agent pulled the plug on the phone call mid-sentence.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Which agent? On the Mint side?
0 Likes