JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S21: Unusual GPS Problem

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
richy_g01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all! I would appreciate help with this. I recently purchased a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S21 and I have been experiencing significant issues with navigation and finding my location on Google Maps as well as other apps. I downloaded a GPS testing app and it turns out that my device isn't connecting to any satellites at all. I have tried all the fixes I could find and yet the problem persists. Do you think it is possible to resolve the issue myself as it may take several weeks for the seller to fix it? (I'm from Ireland and the phone came from Germany)

2 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

You could try the phone diagnostics rather than an external app.  Go to settings/device care/diagnostics.  Choose phone diagnostics and test the location accuracy and see what the results are.  if it turns up normal, then you are connecting to something.  Go to Google maps and calibrate the compass.  You do this by locating your little blue dot on the map and a slide up will appear with an option to calibrate. Click that option and follow the directions.

Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes