Original topic:

Samsung S21 Ultra Display shows ghost buttons

(Topic created: 08-27-2023 01:03 PM)
Raluca_M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello All,

maybe someone can help with an idea what to do. My S21 Ultra shows in white screens some ghost buttons (clock, top bar, at the bottom, also on the side). I tried to clean the cache and also to change the display refresh rate, but problem is not solved. Is this a case of a broken display?

Picture is attached

Thanks in advance

16931691319066715915305463009207.jpg

20230827_214517.jpg20230827_214521.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
livedreamsg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
As someone has commented above, this is burn-in on your AMOLED display. This is not fixable.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Shaunee
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
It is a screen burn-in, it does not have to do anything with the software. It occurs when you leave pixels for a long period of item. I suggest using gestures.
0 Likes
Raluca_M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

What do you mean by using gestures? Shall I swipe over these parts of the display several times?

0 Likes
Raluca_M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry, I did not catch the idea😊 Be in safe mode and do what?

0 Likes
Solution
livedreamsg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
As someone has commented above, this is burn-in on your AMOLED display. This is not fixable.
0 Likes
Raluca_M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, after googling a bit it seems the previous owner was a TikTok addict and this app burned in the pixels on the display. This is indeed not fixable anymore 😒

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't use tiktok for that reason
Options
Galaxy S21
Try using this app in the play store lcd burn in wipe might help some https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_avaworks00.LCDBurnInWiper
0 Likes