JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Set screen brightness per app

(Topic created: 07-05-2021 10:44 AM)
chuck541
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I usually keep my screen brightness fairly low, below 50% on the slider when using virtually all apps.

But when using the camera I'd like to increase the brightness as most of the time I'm outside in sunlight.  When the camera is not being used, then lower the brightness back to my sub-50% setting?

Is there a way to set screen brightness by individual app?d

Thanks,

chuck

6 Replies
Solution
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Try using a Bixby routine when camera is open screen brightness goes to 90%
WindofChange
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Good luck Chuck
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Here's one of many
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantastic.custom.brightness.rp
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
chuck541
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

The great thing about forums such as this is the wide range of expertise and willingness to help.

I'm trying the Bixby routines.  This is an environment I've not explored, so it may open other opportunities.

camera on:

• set screen brightness to 75%
  • open camera

But then had to create another to reset the screen brightness and close the camera

camera off:

• set screen brightness to 45%
  • close camera

And then a shortcut on the home screen for each.  

I'll also continue looking for specific apps as mentioned in one response now that I have a better idea of what to search for.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Set up a Bixby routine so when the camera app is opened brightness turns to full and when it's closed it returns to 50%.
0 Likes
chuck541
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks much.  

I was actually setting up 'quick commands' and not 'routines', thinking that with new model of phone and new version of OS the names were changed.  

'Routines' is hidden all too well down in Settings which is too bad, as there appears to be much that can be done - and done easily.

An glad you replied as it kept me looking.