JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Spotify Media Output notification won't go away

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 01:28 PM)
Fairela
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I've tried deleting Spotify and reinstalling it and this notification keeps reappearing in my tray after I've dimissed it. I can't get it to go away. I'm not even listening to Spotify right now! The app is closed. Why does this continue to appear there? 

***Edited to add that the following steps solved the problem for me:

1. Go to Settings on your phone (phone is on OS 13)
2. Select "Apps" 
3. Select the filter/sort icon next to the "Your apps" header above the list of app results 
4. Turn the "Show system apps" toggle to ON 
5. Select "OK" 
6. Scroll to "Media and devices" in the list of app results and select it 
7. Select "Notifications" 
8. Select "Nearby Devices" under "Allowed" 
9. Select "See all apps with this permission"
10. Locate and select the offending app (in my case, this was Spotify)
11. Select the "Deliver quietly" option for the app
JUMP TO SOLUTION
36 Replies
useraJm35N5XTg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My Verizon s21 Ultra does not have the notifications option on this Media app. Any other way?

0 Likes
userMuk5OpE7Nh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
As of 4.24.23, I discovered that to get rid of the media output notification in the drop down bar, (Spotify, for example), I just needed to swipe it right. This was on a GalaxyS23.
Discovered this after spending way too much time hunting through all of the app settings. 🤦🏼🥴
0 Likes
userMmpzArujJX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

NONE of the above mentioned Solutions have worked on my S21 Ultra Android 13 phone. Spent 2 hours on phone with Samsung tech support they did not even know. Despite every single change that was made in settings nothing helped. Only way is to swipe it away which is a big nuisance every time your phone

0 Likes
Wahots
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This didn't work on my Galaxy Z Fold 4, which had a spotify song stuck on the media output app/notification forever. I solved it yesterday with a Samsung rep:

1. Power down your phone.

2. Hold the volume up and power button until it boots to a BIOS screen. From there, volume buttons move the cursor around, power button selects items.

3. There should be an option to wipe system cache. This will not delete your device data. It will wipe bad temp data, such as a song notification getting permanently stuck on.

4. Once wiped, it takes you back to the exit button, use it to boot into your phone OS.

The error should be resolved.

jalmeidam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

in my case it worked just by clearing the cache

thanks!

0 Likes
userRafKMgRc28
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung get rid of this! Mine is set to don't show but it still shows. Obviously a bug.
mklr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Uninstalling Secure Folder worked for me

0 Likes