I've tried deleting Spotify and reinstalling it and this notification keeps reappearing in my tray after I've dimissed it. I can't get it to go away. I'm not even listening to Spotify right now! The app is closed. Why does this continue to appear there?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I don't think this is an issue with the device or software, just a function that isn't supported.
1. Go to Settings on your phone
2. Select "Apps"
3. Select the filter/sort icon next to the "Your apps" header above the list of app results
4. Turn the "Show system apps" toggle to ON
5. Select "OK"
6. Scroll to "Media and devices" in the list of app results and select it
7. Select "Notifications"
8. Select the "Deliver quietly" option
This hasn't worked for me on my S23.
According to the app info notifications are turned off and apparently blocked, yet it keeps reappearing for no apparent reason.
I didn't have this issue on my S21, but after upgrading to the S23 it keeps reappearing.
I already have it set to "Don't show", but it comes back every time I play music from any app, whether Spotify or Samsung Music. I've even contacted Samsung tech support and gave them access to my phone, twice, and they were unable to fix it. Who should I contact now?