JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switch to LTE from 5G in Verizon

(Topic created: 04-30-2021 02:50 AM)
User666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

How to switch from 5G to LTE data in galaxy s21 in settings Or I have to call verizon tech department? Currently I have unlocked Galaxy S21 and want manually to be able to switch between 5G and LTE data speeds. I can not do it. When I try to switch it in "mobile network"-"network mode" from automatic to manual it gives me a list of network operators but an option to switch from 5G to LTE. I want to switch to LTE to save battery use time. Also, iphone 12 max on verizon is able to do it in settings.

10 Replies
User666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

did you read my message?  ''When I try to switch it in "mobile network"-"network mode" from automatic to manual it gives me a list of network operators but an option to switch from 5G to LTE.''

Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Like you I have a S21, & Verizon. Also like you I would like that option to switch. I believe this is a Verizon tech issue. As my phone is set for automatic, even after I switch to manual, it goes back to auto.
User666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I tried to install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ray.samsungbandselection  . In band section choose GSM/WCDMA/LTE. And it works for me. NOTE: THIS APP ONLY WORKS WITH SAMSUNG DEVICES. 

Launch the app -> Go to "More Network Settings -> Then you'll get a pop-up for your data usage/carrier settings EXCEPT you have more options this time -> Press the "Advanced" tab on the bottom -> Then Press "Preferred Network Type" -> That's it! Now you can change more settings on your Samsung devices.

Alex418
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Me too. I don't have the option to switch. Only have automatic or manual.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Jamkat-S21-Ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

The S21 series of phones has done away with the users ability to turn off the 5G.  There is nothing we can do about this.  I too have been having trouble since day one with the 5G/LTE switching on my S21 Ultra.  It has caused missed texts, calls..etc.  After many hours with both Samsung and Verizon my phone has NOT had an issue in over a week.  I know it don't sound like much, but I was losing signal on a regular basis.  Good Luck

0 Likes
Alex418
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
So what did Samsung and Verizon do to help with this?
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
GeeTeeH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Another vote for people to look into "Samsung Band Select" on Google Play. Don't be scared by the "last update" date - it worked fine on my S21 unlocked on Verizon. I am too far out from the Verizon 5g UWB (ie "real 5G") area to get that - probably ever. The "Verizon long range blended 5G" in some of my usual areas gives me slower throughput than straight 4G. There threads on the XDA S21 forums that get into all sorts of arcane work-arounds for Verizon's knee-capping of how unlocked phones SHOULD work on their network.