Original topic:

Unwanted Apps

(Topic created: 05-18-2024 06:56 AM)
MrsShip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Every time there is a system update, there are three or four games that are added to my phone without my permission! It needs to stop!!!! What can to do to stop this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung doesn't do this but carriers do. They often offer an option to opt out. Contact your carrier if you are unable to locate it.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung doesn't do this but carriers do. They often offer an option to opt out. Contact your carrier if you are unable to locate it.
MrsShip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you so much!!!!!
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You would need to buy an unlocked device from Samsung directly so this wouldn't happen since it's your carrier adding the games and other apps to the update.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

MrsShip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you!! They started doing this a few months ago on our phones. I appreciate the feedback!
BrickBeast
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
For a company that is bragging about the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AWARD...mind u, via SMS...not a hard award to win when u NEVER get to the bottom of the issue...like ONE UI 6.1 major cluster**bleep**... it's bad enough already that I have...Samsung's GALAXY STORE & Google's PLAY STORE, mimicking app for app, useless flaw for not working harder to create better phones, instead u want better SPYING ALGORITHMS...unwanted update, unnecessarily a waste of time, & most shocking, it's a downgrade and the tech gods should be ashamed of how trashy, disgusting this (ONE UI 6.1) update was...AN UNWANTED PIECE OF **bleep**...
MrsShip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I, too, thought it was strange to add these unwanted apps. I feel they are spying, also. Nothing is safe anymore.