JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AOD doesn't turn off when phone is laying screen down

(Topic created: 12-11-2023 02:42 AM)
FAUguy
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
With UI 5.1 on my S22 Ultra, whenever the phone was placed screen down, the display (always on display) would turn off to help save battery. Since the UI 6 update, I noticed this no longer happens. I can place the phone screen down on a table, and the AOD will not turn off like it use to. This is a disappointment, as it's using battery power to keep the AOD on when isn't needed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Scott727
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung should fix this.
Mahyar_a77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

same isuue...

userhZNz5Pcu8y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue losing batter power in 2 hours or less
FAUguy
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
It makes no sense for the AOD to be on and using the battery if the phone in laying screen down, or in your pocket.
FAUguy
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I got the December Firmware WL1 update a couple days ago, but it didn't fix the issue with the AOD. It still stays on when the phone is placed screen down. With UI 5 the AOD would turn off when the phone was laying face down.
FAUguy
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
This issue still wasn't fixed in the January update
Scott727
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello SAMSUNG MODERATORS: PLEASE POST THIS TO FEATURE REQUEST!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.