JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cursor position within address bar

(Topic created: 08-02-2022 11:50 AM)
Members_QquRm6J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I wasn't able to find anything specifically on this so I'm hoping the community can help; I have a S22 ultra android phone and am unable to position the cursor within the address bar when on a website in chrome. I have tried using space bar but cannot get the cursor to the beginning of the url, any assistance would be very appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

are you using the samsung keyboard? you should be able to press and hold the space bar to control the cursor

View solution in context

4 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
So in Chrome on an S21, tap the address bar and the address clears but you are present another menu which includes Edit (Pencil). Tap the pencil and the address appears and you can position the cursor anywhere you want and edit. Does this not happen with you?
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
MoeGunz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Does changing it to landscape mode accect it?
0 Likes
Solution
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

are you using the samsung keyboard? you should be able to press and hold the space bar to control the cursor

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

You can also click the 3 dot menu of the keyboard (default Samsung) and select Text editing, and then use the left arrow to get to the beginning.   Also great for selecting a specific word in a block of text!