JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Speaker Distortion and Crackling

(Topic created: 03-08-2022 03:48 AM)
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
If you are having speaker crackling coming from both speakers and you're within your return window, RETURN YOUR PHONE and buy a new one. Hopefully you get one from a new batch that was built right.

Info only:
I pre-ordered early and got my s22 around Feb 23rd. In colder weather, playing any audio through the speakers sounds like they're blown out. Sounds terrible. Some other members have the same problem and said that pressing down on the screen firmly would make it sound normal. As soon as pressure is removed, it goes back to crackling. In warm weather, speakers are fine. 

After calling Samsung support 4 different times, they came up with no solutions except to send the phone in for evaluation and repair. I told them that it's my only phone and I'm not wanting a "repaired" device but a new one. Repaired devices are never as good as factory originals and since I keep my phone's for 3+ yrs, I need one that's gonna last like my s8 active did. 

It's unacceptable that after spending so much money on a flagship product, we receive something that fails quality control. I'm still within my 15 day return window and will be sending it back. Already purchased a replacement myself hoping its from a different batch. 
51 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I wouldn't sent the phone in either. You send me a brand new one and when I receive it I'll send the old broken one in
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Exactly. After arguing for 15min on the phone, I gave up and decided to just return it and buy a new one. I don't want to compromise water resistance from a repair.
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Here's a video of the issue

https://youtu.be/vC73pyP4sVU
0 Likes
Members_uduWv9e
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

It happened to me when flying. I had the phone in my pocket for 5 hours and as soon as I get it to call to pick me up, the phone did not work. Loudspeaker crackling, ear speaker with almost no sound, I had to use my bluetooth headset. I even reset to Factory and continued with the problem. I turned it off for a few hours and it started working again well. In the second flight happened the same but I did not turn off since I wanted to see if it went back to normal by itself. After a few hours, crackling sound continued. Not even pressing the screen made it work well. Then, I reset it and work well again, as if it starts working bad when something happens (change in temperature), and when conditions go back to normal, you need to reset it to work again. Seems a software issue in my case because not even pushing the screen worked. Here is a video of my problem:

https://youtu.be/JG_iV57CuRM

Uploaded by lcunci on 2022-03-13.
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep same problem. Mine started off going back to normal after restarts too but then progressively got worse and I noticed cold temps caused the speaker problem. After a while, pressing the screen down firmly would make it sound normal. Do you have the s22?
Gennilyn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for posting your experiences. I just received my S22+ a week ago and am now gone on vacation . . . Didn't notice a sound problem until after I'd gotten off our first flight. The sound is completely awful now, crackling, static-y, and distorted. Can't play a YouTube video, notifications and ringtones sound awful, and I can barely hear anyone through the phone when they call.

Not sure I can afford to return it even if I wanted to since I'm not home. [sigh]

Hoping restarts will help. But it's not looking good so far.
0 Likes
usero4qaYh06qo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

So I was in Cuba when i heard that cracking audio issue and when i landed i experienced the same issue. I just missed the return window by 3 days and now I am mad since i was out country, I could not replace it

What should I do ? I dopped a grand on this phone and I have to get it repaired ?

kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Oh  that's terrible. Did you call and see if they would honor the return? In some cases they will approve a return after the 15 days. If not, I think your only option is to send it in for "repair" and if you do that, please report back if they fixed it or made it worse.

0 Likes
usero4qaYh06qo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy s22 and now having speaker issues. I was out of country and missed my return window with 3 days over. They are refusing to help and want me to send my $1000 phone in for repair and i am supposed to walk around without a phone like its 1996. No courtesy and no kindness. "policy" is everything. This will be the last Samsung phone I will buy ! many are faced with the same crappy Quality Assurance and having exact same issue

What happened to you Samsung ?