JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery/files apps crashing

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
D_Hall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Gallery app keeps crashing when I try to open it. The same is happening to my files app. If I try to access the gallery through settings or the app store, that app then starts to crash as well. clearing caches and restarting the device does not solve the issue.

12 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
It sounds like a permission issue, check the permissions for the gallery and files app.
ellehcar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Which permissions should it have?
0 Likes
ellehcar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same issue
0 Likes
user3zr8gFGEil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to your files and go to photos, messaging and delete the heic file.and empty trash. It was from an iPhone. Once I downloaded it my gallery crashed. Found it, deleted it and restarted and the gallery is good.
katk0816
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
All my heic files are from my 24+ tho 😭
0 Likes
user3zr8gFGEil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
That is weird.
0 Likes
katk0816
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yah, so now I'm stuck on what to do. Clearing data/cache, restarting the phone , still doesn't work LOL 😮💨
0 Likes
Mathew
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Its fixed now
0 Likes
Solution
D_Hall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

UPDATE ISSUE FIXED: I searched for [.heic] in my phone and it turns out I had heic files that caused my phone to crash. However I was unable to locate them and delete them without the phone crashing. I plugged my phone into my laptop to find the heic files/photos and deleted them from my laptop. My laptop notified me that these files will be deleted from the phone permanently as well and it worked. I can open my gallery and any previously crashing app. 

0 Likes