Original topic:

Google maps won't speak directions out loud

(Topic created: 08-24-2024 12:28 PM)
Options
Galaxy S22

I know this is Google Maps and not Samsung but since the last update, my maps gps won't talk directions out loud (yes, volume is on and up). The direction I am traveling is also upside down and I have to move the map screen as I move along. It doesn't go with me. It was fine before the update. Anyone else having any problems?

8 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Livingonfaith01 Do you have it set to speak the commands? The voice icon should look like this to speak directions. 

Screenshot_20240824_141856_Maps.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I do
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I have tried restarting it a couple of times
0 Likes
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22

Quote: "It was fine before the update."

Try restarting your phone. 

And / Or

Wipe the Cache Partition:
https://techwiser.com/how-to-wipe-cache-partition-on-samsung-galaxy-phones-and-what-happens-when-you...

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
If your map is "upside down" go to the settings and take it off "north always up".
Options
Galaxy S22
The update must of turned that on. I didn't even know all those settings were in there but I did change that and a few more. Thank you very much. I'll find out next time I go somewhere.
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

If the audio issue is happening while your phone is connected to your car via Bluetooth, it is possible Google Maps is transmitting audio to the car (but the car is not playing it because you're not using BT media). This was my experience anyway. I had to turn off media in the BT connection to get the audio directions to come from the phone speakers.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
Options
Galaxy S22
I will check this. Thank you
0 Likes