😤 Just bring back landlines!

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 02:44 PM)
DumboLover
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Okee dokee~
Hello fellow frustraters in here!

Alright, business here.... When it comes to the blocking calls setting that is automatically set up, please tell me it's possible to disable it! If I get a "no", I have questions then.
~Nut
(I just want my LG back😔

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Calls showing up as "Potential scam" are different from blocked calls. Blocked calls are calls from numbers you have chosen to block. Potential Scam and Potential Spam calls are coming from numbers other users have reported as unwelcome. You always have the ability to answer these calls. It makes for a difficult decision point when you are anticipating a call from a source with a number you have not yet stored, but you do get the choice.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I am sorry that you are experiencing difficulties with the call-blocking feature, please open up the phone application and then tap on the three little dots and that will open up the settings for your phone application next scroll up to the block numbers section and you should be able to turn off the settings you want, also check the settings for Caller ID and Spam protection check the settings that you wish to modify and if for some reason you are not receiving a phone call from someone and it seems to be blocked just check the blocked numbers list and remove the number, these steps should help you fix the call blocking problem Screenshot_20221008_195745_Phone_1000001645_1665273509.jpgScreenshot_20221008_195133_Call settings_1000001643_1665273093.jpgScreenshot_20221008_195127_Call settings_1000001642_1665273418.jpg
0 Likes
DumboLover
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for your answer. Now that I've seen it HASN'T been on, why/how am I being told some calls are potential scam? What if it's a new doctor or whatever number not stored in my phone? Do they all get poo pooed away or what?!
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I think it goes off a database of known numbers.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Correct the phone number caller ID system is verified by Hyia
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Normally if the doctor is blocking his caller ID from his personal number it will show up as unknown, as for the other phone numbers they will show up as a verified number I recommend that you add the contact information to your phone and you should be all set
0 Likes
Solution
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Calls showing up as "Potential scam" are different from blocked calls. Blocked calls are calls from numbers you have chosen to block. Potential Scam and Potential Spam calls are coming from numbers other users have reported as unwelcome. You always have the ability to answer these calls. It makes for a difficult decision point when you are anticipating a call from a source with a number you have not yet stored, but you do get the choice.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
@DumboLover Unfortunately LG (Lucky Gold Star) - the other South Korean electronics giant - has left the mobile market. Do you remember the brand Gold Star from many years ago?

Anyone? Anyone?

Back then Gold Star wasn't considered a top brand. They were well below the radar like a 13 out of the top ten brands. Once they rebranded to LG they finally broke the top ten but consumer interest still wasn't enough to turn things around.

c'est la vie LG!
0 Likes