Original topic:

Not getting voicemail notifications

(Topic created: Friday)
MsMeya50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey, everyone. 

I purchased an unlocked Galaxy S22 to replace my S10 5G. I programmed my voicemail number from my carrier. My problem is that I'm not getting voicemail notifications. I have to randomly call the voicemail number to know threat I, indeed, have voicemail. There isn't even a Voicemail app native to the phone, which my S10 5G had built in. I've contacted my carrier & Samsung directly, but still no fix. Any ideas? I have the same carrier as before & never had an issue with voicemail.
18 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
No idea what other one us claiming but as you check for voicemail you should have gone thru the set up pin and greeting stuff on the new phone next should be in settings and than apps goto phone and check your permissions
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Does your carrier have a voice mail app? If so, make sure it is on the latest version.
0 Likes
MsMeya50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
No voicemail app
0 Likes
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22

Who's your carrier?!?

Locked or Unlocked?

MsMeya50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Unlocked, Mint Mobile
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you talking about regular voicemail or visual voicemail? Visual voicemail is usually an app provided by your carrier. You can download a generic app, but it may or may not work with your carrier. This is why Samsung no longer has a native VVM app.
However, as Matthew904 said, all things related to voicemail are a carrier issue. Notifications come from the voice mailbox notifying your phone app that there are messages in the box ehich, in turn sends a notification to you. Have your carrier reset your voice mailbox.
Also, you shouldn't have to *dial* your voicemail number. Voicemail is normally reached by long pressing the #1 on your dialer.
0 Likes
MsMeya50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Regular vm. There is no native vm on my phone at all. There is nothing in settings about vm & no vm icon on the keypad 1 button.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Your carrier has to push an update for you that's all a function of the carrier. You can try a factory reset of your phone and then restore your backup to see if that helps. But, once again all call, text and voicemail is on the carrier. You have to call their tech support, not regular customer service and certainly not the sales prople at the stores.
0 Likes
MsMeya50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you to everyone who replied. I'll just set a daily reminder to check voicemail.
0 Likes