JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Original Galaxy S22 Ultra cable power support

(Topic created: 02-28-2022 01:25 PM)
userRN2wwUYIrJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I would like to know if the cable that comes with the Galaxy S22 Ultra supports 45W charging, or if only the cable that comes with the 45W Charger has power support.

I ask this because I bought the 35W charger from Samsung and the charging time is exactly the same as the Original 25W charger, now I don't know if it's a limitation of the device or if it's the cable I'm using (I only have the original that came with the S22 Ultra ).

12 Replies
01mustang007
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
S21 ultra will support 45watt but u will need to buy the Samsung 45 watt charge box
0 Likes
userRN2wwUYIrJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes I know, the question is about the cable, if the original cable that comes with the S22 Ultra supports 45W charging using the 45W charger

0 Likes
Members_34yWgm7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I was wondering the same thing too, but I'm guessing for the price of the phone, the 25 watt is what it came with. 

0 Likes
SpAgent19
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi

From what I read, 25w vs 45w about close too the same charging time.
userRN2wwUYIrJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes, I saw that the difference is not much for a full charge.

But there should be a time difference between charging 25W and charging 35W, but the time is exactly the same. That's why I had the doubt as to whether the cable that comes with the device supports up to 25W only.

0 Likes
Solution
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
The cable didn't seem to matter for me I used the same old Samsung cable even on my Xiaomi phones that supports even higher 120w fast charge and it works just fine.
There is barely any difference between the charge times for 25w and 45w
I'm thinking the s22 doesn't support or make use of a 35w charger maybe that's why you are seeing no difference. It might be just pulling 25w only and the next step up it looks for 45w.
userRN2wwUYIrJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Exactly, I thought about that too. But I noticed that this Samsung 35W charger is 35W single mode in Type-C or 20W type-C + 15W Type-A in Multi mode.

And the charging time of 25W is different from the charging time of 20W. So I don't know if after 25W the next step is 45W, or if it can be segregated and be up to 45W (with all the other powers in between)

Tonyb831
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
The charging/data cable provided with your S22 will not support the 45w charging. I got the 45w charger from Samsung and it come with a thicker cable rated for 45 charging. I also did some research on this on other forums
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Not true. I just returned my 45W charger because it is nominally faster than the 25w one I bought last year with my S21 Ultra. I traded in my S21 for the S22 Ultra, and though I got a $200 credit with the overall deal, the 45W charger was not available. Funny that after my order was complete, which means that any credits not sued are gone with the finalized order, the 45w charger became available too.

Anyhow, I charged my S22 from about 55% to 100% and it took about 40mins on the 45w charger. My 25w charger took 42mins charging from it 54% to 100. Imagine a charger that by the numbers, is supposed to be 80% faster, costs 2.5x more than the 25w version, but only charges about 1-2% faster. The charge should have taken no more than 10mins on the 45w charger if going by that 80% charging speed increase. I only did the charging test after my wife stated that it didn't seem faster. 

0 Likes