JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone Keeps Pocket Dialing 911 Since Android 13 Update

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 09:38 AM)
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Galaxy s22 Ultra Phone Keeps Pocket Dialing 911 3-5 Times a Day Since Android 13 Update With Emergency SOS Feature Turned Off This Hasn't Happened once Until The Update And I'm Getting Pretty Fed Up with This Issue 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userCIBOhMc30d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I fixed it! Swipe down for the cog, go to Advanced Features, Motions and Gestures, and turn off Double Tap to Turn On Screen. I just tested it in my pocket and it doesn't open the lock screen, and ultimately the swipe up that exposes the emergency call button.

View solution in context

47 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmm did you happen to get a new case within the same timeframe? My guess is accidentally hitting the power button long enough, popping up the power menu and accidentally hitting sos on the screen when activated.

I don't know anyone with the same issue if it's software "Dead on arrival" may need to return and replace.
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Everything The Same Except The OS Version Even Have Accidental Touch Protection Enabled, This Never Happened Before The OS Update To Android 13...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here.
userdvSPTPwdjS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Keeps happening to me too. This has never happened before the update. I have fingerprint lock and emergency contact turned off and 911 keeps calling me back after a pocket dailScreenshot_20221203_052715_Phone.jpg
samsungs22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My samsung is 1 month old. Now it's 12-09-22. It's a s22 ultra. Its doing same thing since update
user71FmcKvUyB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Wrong. I'm having same issue
LenaCheney
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Turn off SOS feature because mine did this foo
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thats the first thing i did It's been turned Off for a few weeks unfortunately Still Doing It, had to turn my phone off because it called 911 7 times in about an hour while grocery shopping, apparently the google pixel is having the same issue so it's definitely an android 13 issue
LenaCheney
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
That's so messed up they need to fix it. They are going to get people in trouble for repeatedly calling 911