Original topic:

RCS suddenly stops working

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
RCS has always worked for other samsung users on my phone. When apple updated RCS Messaging it worked for 3 days. Now only SMS/MMS works for Androidand IOS. I use the Google messages but tried samsung mesages too. I tried turning on RCS but it says not available for this carrier but I have Verizon. I've been on the phone with Google, Samsung, and Verizon for 3 hours. Any one else experiencing this since 9/21/24?
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
If the others are using Samsung messages or Verizon messages think some might still be it isn't your phone and if that's the only issue than I wouldn't worry
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
If the people you are texting with do not have Google messages and/or do not have RCS turned on on their end, all messages between those contacts will be SMS/MMS. You only get true RCS when all parties have it turned on. As for why it says your carrier is incompatible, I don't see any reason why that would be so. Turning RCS on just makes it available so that if all the conditions are met for RCS communication, it will go through as RCS. If all condtions are not met, it will just default to standard messaging. Verizon should have RCS capability.
0 Likes
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I get that. I just am confused as to why it was working with IOS and android for 3 days and then it stopped with all apple, Samsung, and other android devices. Maybe it'll fix itself in a few days
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
It could just be a glitch since now both IOS and Android have that option it might be confusing the carriers a little if you're still having this issue I'd say give it 30 days maybe a little longer just so things can fully adapt since iOS is still kind of in its early phases of adapting it I think it's just started with iOS 18 and that's only been out for about a week maybe
sparkler17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I have this happen a lot where I have to put my phone in airplane mode and then remove it for rcs to even send out.
0 Likes
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
interesting... I used airplane mode the other day. Wonder if it put it out of wack šŸ¤”
sparkler17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It may have somehow. It usually continues until I reboot. Then it'll be okay for a bit and then start doing it again
0 Likes
Brazy134
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
You have to have everyone in the group chat reply to the message, after it's been updated to RCS and then it will activate RCS from Android to iPhone.

Once again to be clear everyone in the group chat has to do a response after you set it up for the RCs from Android to iPhone then your RCS will start working. Make sure that you have it toggled on in your settings and you're good to go. I have a s24 ultra and all my friends and family have iPhones and all of us on the RCs group chat and everything is working fine high quality videos, emojis, reactions, read receipts, type it indicators, everything is working. From your text hopefully it stays that way. Good luck
0 Likes
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I did all of this and it was working great until today. now I can't even toggle RCS on. it says this1727062442806.jpg
0 Likes
Stevekim24
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Remove your sim card and insert your sim. Then, on the message, go to RCS and click on connect. That should work. If not, turn your phone off and restart
0 Likes