Original topic:

S-pen Feature Request - locate missing S-Pen

(Topic created: 04-06-2022 02:57 PM)
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I just wanted to Request a Feature to The Samsung S22 ultra 

Today I Missed Placed My S22 Ultra's Spen and I Noticed that There is no way To Detect or Locate a Missing Spen ,The Spen Actually has a Mac Address which should allow Application's Such as The Samsung SmartThings Find Feature that allows you to Locate your Phone and Earbuds, Since the Spen Has a Mac Address it should be traceable like the Spen Pro 

Also It's Seems that the Spen's Software has to Be Manually Updated in The Spen Application 

I Think the S22 Ultra's Spen should be Intergated into the Samsung SmartThings Application what do you Think? 

Also To Update the Spen's Software open the settings for Advanced features >Spen >About S pen > Spen Software update 

Any Other Suggestions From The Community Would be greatly appreciated and Possibly Samsung Will Add The Features to The S22 ultra 

Cover image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

I think that would be an awesome idea as well! I have tagged your post as feedback for our engineers! Thank you for your feedback! 🙂 

View solution in context

15 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Please see the attached picture for the spen update Screenshot_20220406-180452_Air command_1309_1649282692.jpgScreenshot_20220406-180554_Air command_1311_1649282754.jpg
YoungNut
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Why can't I connect my Ultra 22 to my Acura 2011 MDX?
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Please Open up a New post for your problem
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Although the S pen has a gyroscope to detect motion, it cannot be used as geo- location point of recall. Just like the earbuds that cannot be located with geo-location. Just like the earbuds. The phone can recall over Bluetooth and trust a sound on the earbuds, but it can't pin location.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I was pointing out that the Spen Has a Mac Address which should make it easy to find if the Spen showed up in the Bluetooth settings Just like the Spen Pro which is Easily Tracked in the SmartThings Application
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
By tracking, do you mean finding its location?
MAC address is only to know what to connect, and not where to connect
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
I think the S pen Pro has additional hardware since it is thinker and bigger
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Just an option to scan for it like Smart tags Screenshot_20220406-202826_SmartThings_1316_1649291306.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
It is more of a Wish list !@
0 Likes