Original topic:

S-pen Feature Request - locate missing S-Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2022 01:28 PM)
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I just wanted to Request a Feature to The Samsung S22 ultra 

Today I Missed Placed My S22 Ultra's Spen and I Noticed that There is no way To Detect or Locate a Missing Spen ,The Spen Actually has a Mac Address which should allow Application's Such as The Samsung SmartThings Find Feature that allows you to Locate your Phone and Earbuds, Since the Spen Has a Mac Address it should be traceable like the Spen Pro 

Also It's Seems that the Spen's Software has to Be Manually Updated in The Spen Application 

I Think the S22 Ultra's Spen should be Intergated into the Samsung SmartThings Application what do you Think? 

Also To Update the Spen's Software open the settings for Advanced features >Spen >About S pen > Spen Software update 

Any Other Suggestions From The Community Would be greatly appreciated and Possibly Samsung Will Add The Features to The S22 ultra 

Cover image
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
I see
So just to see if the pen is near you somewhere
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Exactly just a feature to scan locally for it
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
There is a setting (or should be) that will make the phone give you a notification if you wind up leaving your S-Pen behind. My Note 20 had this, but since I haven't had that phone since I upgraded to an S21 Ultra last October, I don't know where exactly to find that setting (probably under S-Pen settings, which is under advanced settings)
This might not allow you to see the whereabouts of the pen but will help tell you when your about to leave your S-Pen somewhere after you walk so far away from it.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I am aware of that feature but for instance, I missed placed my Spen somewhere in my office and it's seemed to disappear in thin air, that is where a Tracking feature would have helped locate it
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

I think that would be an awesome idea as well! I have tagged your post as feedback for our engineers! Thank you for your feedback! 🙂 

Bluesystemic269
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi, this has been bugging me for a while, i loose things often and Stylus's always get lost at one point or another. I think it'd be an amazing feature to implement some sort of small buzzing device to turn on when its lost. A tiny Bluetooth or battery that starts buzzing at the touch of a button. Make it a feature you can request, so you can ask for more money when they want the product and not push or force the product onto those that aren't willing to pay more.
0 Likes