JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra Sound issue when connected to galaxy Watch 5 Pro LTE.

(Topic created: 02-14-2023 03:58 PM)
My-tone155115
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I've had this problem for a few months now. I've called Samsung tech support several times. So far they have not been able to solve this issue.

The sound on the phone cuts in and out. I'm talking about sound from the external speakers and also the internal speaker that you listen to when talking on the phone.

The problem happens when the watch is connected via Bluetooth to the phone and the Bluetooth switch for Calls is set to ON, on the phone. You can find that setting by going to your Bluetooth list of paired devices, then clicking on details at the bottom of the screen, then clicking on the settings icon (a gear) next to the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. You'll see a switch that's labeled Calls. It needs to be ON to use the phone to take phone calls and talk on the Watch whether you have LTE or not.  

The only thing that will stop this from happening is to turn the Calls setting off in the Bluetooth setting for the watch on the phone.

I've tried resetting the watch and reconnecting it to the phone. This doesn't help.

So, I can't use the watch as a phone with this switch set to off, if I answer a call with the watch it will say 'talk on the phone' which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having this watch and paying extra for the service to the watch.

I believe this issue started because of an update to the watch or the phone.

Am I the only one having this problem? Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks for your reply.

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Are your contacts in your watch ???
0 Likes
My-tone155115
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes. The watch has my contacts. It pulls them from my Google acct. I don't believe they're stored on the phone.
0 Likes
SwallowMyLuv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It's most definitely an update for the phone problem and it has to do with the mic from my trial and error. Everything works fine when simply listening to music with Bluetooth headphones/watch etc. But as soon as the mic is enabled at the same time then all haywire breaks loose. They(samsung) refuse to admit anything could possibly ever be wrong with anything with the great samsung name on it. If it wasn't happening to me I would I would say it is laughable how childish they are. But it is happening to me and I'm not laughing at all.
cmasw23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Me yoo
0 Likes
mintachahal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same issue. When my watch 4 classic connected for calls, no audio output available for my car player.

0 Likes
Solution
My-tone155115
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The issue is gone now that my phone was upgraded to One UI 5.1.

0 Likes