JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 03-24-2022 06:13 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

203 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Then what I said up there is irrelevant. If you are absolutely sure the cable is fine, make sure it is also clean. You'd be surprised what an itty bit of lint will do.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you download android auto? Cause I noticed that Android auto is integrated into the settings of the s22U.
So, if that is the case maybe the two apps are interfering with one another?
0 Likes
usermZAZGggE1s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I have downloaded it from the play store
0 Likes
usermZAZGggE1s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Update: I was able to get AA to connect after I unpaired and forgot all cars on phone and car but after I turn off the car and start it again I have to go through the same process again just to get my phone to connect using AA.
0 Likes
Bowtie_Life
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
What do you mean forgot all cars? Do you mean cleared all saved bluetooth connections?
0 Likes
usermZAZGggE1s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes on my car I go into the settings and forget the connection to AA and do the same thing on my phone
0 Likes
BigBearCarolina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My S21 will work with SYNC 3 VER 3.0 but not Ver 3.4.
0 Likes
JackReedCarl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I received the latest update to my Galaxy S22 Ultra on 3-23.  Today, I can now longer have an audio stream via Bluetooth to my car radio.  Worked perfect prior to the update.  I tried Spotify, YouTube Music, Audible and Smart Audiobook Player.  I can connect to the radio and it shows track information, but no audio is heard.  Pausing the track only works for a moment, then it starts playing again, with no audio.  It is not a volume issue.  

I have rebooted the phone. I have deleted the Bluetooth pairing and paired the phone to the radio again. Same results.

Ugh! Anyone else having this issue?
userloL4TQrvZV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

same.  If you have a bluetooth connected watch.  Switch it to airplane mode.  That worked for me.

JackReedCarl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a Galaxy Watch 3. I'll try that. No way this is an intended feature. I've never seen this before with multiple watches, Galaxy phone's and cars.

Thanks for the tip.
0 Likes