JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:02 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
203 Replies
userbucX2ovk67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue. Pioneer DMH 2660 NEX.

S20 works fine, S22 Ultra doesn't. Black screen.

Fortunately I haven't sent the trade in yet. I'll give them a few days to fix it or the Ultra is going back
Samsung_9QUoNLj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Ugh! Same issue here. Pioneer AVH-2400NEX. Worked just fine with my Samsung S10+ (and still does). Black screen with my S22+. Tried factory reset on the Pioneer, no help.

userbeCLkBO6Q9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Android auto works on my note 20 ultra but got the s22 and it does not work on my pioneer. Plug it in and recognizes my phone but won't progress and you can hear music and maps but has a black screen tried doing all the trouble shooting steps does not help
virtualgeo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Just a reminder that you can't just switch the phone and start using Android Auto in your car. Make sure that after you connect the USB cable to your new phone, you also go through the setup process step by step to re-establish the new pairing and connection with the new phone. 

arieldavid86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah it didn't work. It works perfectly fine in my OEM jeep wrangler head unit, but not with the pioneer 2600nex aftermarket I have in my other car.
0 Likes
Samsung_FgdORrn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I called Pioneer and they were aware but as far as I got, the latest firmware update on my radio was from 2020, MVH-2400NEX ver 08.08

userbucX2ovk67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I just returned mine. I have no interest in becoming a de facto beta tester
userxKqt01lcpm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Android Auto does not work with my 2022 Acura but My note 10 does perfectly. If i found out this was released with this defect, I'm gonna make my first iPhone purchase.

Chipworkz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Just replying to say that I have no issues with it working correctly on a 2018 Honda Pilot.

penright
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Pioneer AVH2330NEX with the same issue as the OP.

There is something different in the AA for S22. My S8+ was working. The S22 worked with our 2016 Honda Civic. I saw where some S21 worked. I was afraid that jump from S8+ was it. I am pretty sure with this many people, it is not something stupid/simple. 

I have a gut feeling it is in the USB.  When my USB port needed cleaning on my S8+ it would not work on Pioneer but would work on the Honda. From what I can tell the Honda is USB V3 and the Pioneer is a V2. I thought maybe the extra channel that V3 has is why it would work.  I wonder if there is a way to lock the USB port to an older version?
After reading this thread 100% something changed between S21 and S22.