JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Mirrors with audio but no video

(Topic created: 08-15-2024 03:10 PM)
StevieNY1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22 has recently been screen mirroring well with my SONY TV. Today, I noticed it now mirrors with audio, but no video. My PC is able to cast video and audio to the TV. I am on UI 6.1, Android 14 with August 1 patch. Any ideas? I have re-booted the phone.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StevieNY1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks...I actually found a solution as well. What worked for me is on the SONY TV, go to APPS and show system apps. Uninstall the updates for Google Cast. That app will disappear and Chromecast built-in will show up. Everything now works as it should. Your method might work for others as well.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
In smart view, make sure the aspect ratio is correct.
The issue is a setting
0 Likes
StevieNY1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Not a bad idea, but it made no difference.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Try finding the allowed devices on the TV. Delete the S22 from the list in the tv settings.
Turn your router and or Modem off and back on (in case it's a network issue it happens sometimes)
Then try again.
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You can try clearing the Smart View/Things app's cache:
Open device settings>apps> Smart Things>storage>clear cache>force stop>restart phone. With the same steps you also have the option of clearing the app's data but it will wipe any saved passwords and the like and will revert the app back to it's factory version.
0 Likes
StevieNY1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for all the advice. I have played around with a lot of things. I briefly was able to get photos to appear on the TV by pressing a bunch of things and clicking on play content. I can't find it again. For webpages, only audio is playing still, but the TV and the device is saying it is doing audio mirroring, so it thinks that is what I want. This is not how mirroring used to work...I am assuming the last software update ruined it.

0 Likes
StevieNY1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Using Smart Things, I am able to play videos I created and saved on my phone, but screen mirroring, where I see my phone screen on the TV, is still broken.

0 Likes
OGSMKETHO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm literally going through the same problem right now and in trying to resolve this issue
StevieNY1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Sorry to hear that. But I have stumbled on a clue. I was staying over at someone's house and they had a SONY TV very similar to mine, with similar menu options. My phone was able to mirror to that TV flawlessly. I am thinking now the cause of this issue is a SONY update I did recently. The TV it worked on probably was not updated...I might be able to ask them to check that version.  I can cast from apps on my phone to my TV, like MLB, and get sound and video. The problem seems to be related to mirroring only.

Do you have a SONY TV also? have you updated recently? what software is it on? I have attached a screenshot from my TV. I also have a help menu that says the firmware is PKG6.6130.0717NAA
20240824_103717.jpg

0 Likes
Joeygigolo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Screenshot_20240828_213405_Chrome.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes