JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sharing Videos limitation

(Topic created: 08-10-2023 09:38 AM)
JaisLyfe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I have numerous videos that are less than 20 seconds long, yet I cannot share these videos from my gallery. I am always getting a message to trim the video. It's infuriating bc they are small enough to share and is an impact to my business. Why does Samsung have this limitation? How can this be fixed?

8 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
What you need to do is tap the edit tab and lower the quality (resolution) of the video steps to do are included in screenshots Screenshot_20230810_120742_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230810_120749_Video Editor.jpgScreenshot_20230810_120755_Video Editor.jpgScreenshot_20230810_120758_Video Editor.jpg
JaisLyfe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank You. I know how to do this I was just hoping that I didn't have to sacrifice my resolution to share them😉.
JaisLyfe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Plus it's on the lowest🤦🏾‍:female_sign:😫Screenshot_20230810_114011_Video Editor.jpg
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
HD would be the lowest
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi there! 🙂 If you're using Samsung Messages, have you attempted using a different Messaging app, like Messages by Google? and seeing if you can send these videos?

JaisLyfe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I hadn't but I striggle to understand why I need allmof these workaround apps due to Samsung limitations? A certain other major carrier and phones doesn't have that inconvenience🤷🏾‍:female_sign:
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@JaisLyfe SMS has a limitation on file size which makes sharing high quality videos nearly impossible. SMS is a worldwide standard and probably won't be changed significantly. 

One solution is to open the video in the Gallery. Click the share icon in the bottom middle of the screen. Select Quick Share. Click Copy link. Now paste this into your text message to share it.

The other solution is to use a messaging service which handles large videos with ease. Thinks like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Signal, etc. 

JaisLyfe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea I suppose I could do this more. Just hate that it's more steps!