Original topic:

Super fast charging is not working after update

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 12:08 AM)
userqnL7hMAiwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi All

Super fast charging is not working for my S22 Ultra after the new update.

Any thoughts

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, We understand the importance of being able to superfast charge your phone! For those who have updated their phones to One UI 4.1.1, please take a look at the following:

One UI v4.1.1 shows the type of charging being used in the following two ways:

1. In the Notification panel, the charging type displays for the first five (5) seconds (e.g. “Fast charging started”

• After the first five (5) seconds, the device will only display “Charging” regardless of the type of charging being used

2. From the Lock screen, the Battery icon and the remaining charging time for a full charge will show for the first five (5) seconds

• After the first five (5) seconds, the device will display only the charging icon​

If the phone is slow charging or will not charge, this article contains several steps that may correct the concern. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-device-is-charging-slowly-not-switching-on-or-k... 

In the event the phone is not charging and troubleshooting is not helpful, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated at an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

View solution in context

10 Replies
vflow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Go into the setting and turn it on
userqnL7hMAiwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It's already turned on

user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Reboot to the Maintenance screen

Choose the Clear Cache Partition

Then select Repair Apps option

the phone will reboot ... give it 2-4 minutes to finish up
userqnL7hMAiwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

How can I access maintenance screen?

0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Power off the phone.

Press and *HOLD* the Volume Up key

Press and *HOLD* the Side (power) key

When the Android boot screen is displayed, release both keys

Wait a few seconds ... the Maintenance (some call Recovery) screen is displayed
bkmelas
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
It's working fine for me. At 10% battery level it takes about 1.5 hours without that it takes up to 4 hours
Snerticus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
This happened to me as well. After the last update I think last week, it's not super fast charging either, only fast charging. None of my settings changed, and both fast and super fast are turned on. I checked everything, so I'm deducing it's the update.
JosephReddy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here, updated using the smart swith.
T-mobile locked.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
A neighbor asked about this with their phone ....

Turns out, the display doesn't show the words "super fast charging", but the estimated time shown does reflect super fast