JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UI6 update android.process.acore keeps stopping error

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 08:29 AM)
userDyQiQQiXij
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Since the new update my phone keeps glitching with a android.process.acore keeps stopping error.

0 Likes
35 Replies
ughpdate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same. It has something to do with the contacts app.

Also Bluetooth keeps turning on and off when I try to use headphones.
0 Likes
Solution
ughpdate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Next time you get the error, hit the top option to open the 'contacts settings' app then hit storage and clear the storage and cache, then force stop. That fixed it for me.

You'll lose your call history and potentially your contacts idk (mine are backed up to Google bc I use the Google contacts app, so I didn't lose them but your mileage may vary)

But it fixes the glitch.
cyberterp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

That did it!!  Thank you. And, miraculously, I didn't lose my contacts. They're backed up,  but still a pain. The other instructions I found had similar steps,  but they had me force stop first,  then clear data and cache. Reversing that order worked. 

0 Likes
lrosenman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You might also clear the cache partition via recovery.
0 Likes
Femmefatale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone has been freezing, lagging, turning off the whole 9 yards since this latest update. I've done everything from clearing cache partition to hard reseting and allowing remote access. The newest update has severely affected my phone. I'm beginning to think samsung is trying out apples glitches to make people upgrade. I've never had an issue with my phone prior to this "update". If that's what you want to call it. My phone has been saying system ui isn't responding and process system isnt responding. And they want me to pay for it to be repaired but when I took it in to their repair service even they said that it was samsungs software issues ans they see it daily. Is anyone else having these issues??
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My Galaxy A53 has been "no sim" with T-Mo since the update, too. Sim pull and phone reset sometimes works. T-Mo changed the sim TWICE in store. Samsung chat rep says there are no reported issues with update, but I beg to differ. I can get my phone connected to T-Mo for 4 minutes or overnight so Samsung can't say it's T-Mo or my phone, but no one at Samsung is listening. I kind of agree with the forced upgrade. I mean, the S24 is days away from coming out, and my A53, although only a year old and purchased DIRECTLY from Samsung, it isn't flagship.
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Since your phone is not a T-mobile branded phone, when you got the update it was for your specific unlocked variant of phone. What this means is that you have to get T-mobile either in store or on customer service to text you the APN that they use for service, data, and mms. When your device updated it reset to factory blank apn and now won't let you connect to service.
0 Likes
Vaunyla
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How would that be true if it connects when it feels like it, though? It's been connected for 16 hours this round without me having to pull the sim and reset the phone. I don't have ZERO service. It just switches to "No Sim" whenever it feels like it. It can be laying on the counter for hours without me even touching it, and all of a sudden, it will state "No Sim". How is that an issue with a Sim card slot if nothing has been shifted? Why is no one admitting this is a software issue and not a phone issue?
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
It isn't a simple card slot issue as long as the device hasn't been dropped. It's software. Did you say you bought your phone direct from Samsung as an unlocked device? Your system update came directly from Samsung which does not have carrier branding or acces point name/apn attached to it. Call your service provider to see if the mobile data/network provisioning got messed up on their end and also have them show you how to put in the correct apn for your network. Should take care of your issues. Also pay attention to the conversation with femmefatale, I gave her links and showed her it may have been a botched download of the Ota update. When this occurs download Samsung Smart Switch to your computer and follow the directions within the program to flash the latest update to your phone. That alone is a way to fix a botched uodate.
0 Likes