Original topic:

Unable to access Secure Folder

(Topic created: 11-13-2022 06:09 AM)
userd60ikviKun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

S22 Ultra on September 5th update.

I set up Secure Folder at some point and can't remember the password. Now, I have a permanent notification stating that the Secure Folder is locked. When I tap the notification, it asks for my Secure Folder password. I enter something wrong, and it says I need to wait 30 seconds before trying again. I never get the Forgot Password Link that has been mentioned here. At this point, I'd rather just remove the Secure Folder but every time I try to access the Secure Folder settings, I am asked for the password. Any suggestions?

Mahi___07
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My galaxy f62 didn't show forgot password link for secure folder 

0 Likes
userw6siKrjQgD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I was having similar problems. Eventually I pressed Cancel at the Password stage, this then asked me if I wanted to delete all the files. I had very few so said yes. Wasn't offered the chance to uninstall the App but weirdly it  then began working, using stored security details I assume.

0 Likes
Members_XDg664G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Where did you see a cancel option? I only have the option to enter my pw and not an option to cancel or forgot password link.

apdjung
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I am also having this issue. Has anyone figured out a solution yet?
bendela
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same problem and I think there is a bug in the software.
Even though I had a recovery email and phone number set, I still can't access the folder. Not once did he ask to reset the password. Programmers from Samsung, , do you treat customers so easily?

Vladis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the exactly same issue -no forgot password option each time only doubles the amount of time until the next attempt.

Exorcist74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Samsung Galaxy z Fold 2

I just got the same problem exactly after updating to android 13 Grrrrrrr

no mater what password I enter (I have a choice of 3) it increase the time to enter ,Im now up to 20 min  .

Its not your phones.. It samsung App  < I even try to over right the app with a  SecureFolder Version: 1.8.00.26 (180000026) but came as a invalid file???   I think we have to wait it out for Samsung to correct the app...   good luck people.

believe only what you were told not to believe...............
Exorcist74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

secure foldern.jpg

It change now... This is the display I'm getting after 2 days, No option to enter password and If you follow the instructions you end back at the same place, every time... that icon in the top left hand corner is driving me nuts....  a side note

looked in the Internal memory of the phone using X-plore and came across a folder called   com.samsung.knox.securefolder  its empty and thinking of it I never activated my Secure Folder in the first place...  strange things is a foot...

believe only what you were told not to believe...............
Vladis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So, there is the solution. After several unsuccessful attempts , I got 24 hours wait time till next attempt and ... option to uninstall Secure Folder !!!! So, I 've uninstalled  , everything  was deleted of course, but at least I have now option to reconfigure Secure Folder from the scratch.

Mynka
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine does not actually uninstall anything when I try that option and now I'm unable to move apps to my SD card because it prompts the secure folder for some reason 🤦‍:female_sign:
This is really messed up. 😶
0 Likes