Original topic:

Unknown contacts on my phone

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 10:23 AM)
cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Why are there contracts I didn't put in my phone? Also pictures of contacts that I didn't put in? Some pictures of contacts I have talked to on messenger but there's pictures of people I haven't that I don't know associated with a business, is this happening to anyone else? I checked setting under contacts I don't have the option on for profile pics to be updated ( which I didn't even know was an option) this is creepy I don't like this at all I'm so done with this **bleep** I feel violated! Please let me know if this is happening to you. 

4 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
What are the contacts in your phone that you didn't save? Regarding the pictures, if a contact is using a Samsung account, and you have Profile picture sharing enabled in your Contact app settings, then their Samsung account picture will appear. Screenshot_20240325_122910_Group Sharing_1000003780_1711387751.png
cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah it's not enabled it's off then like I said I didn't even know it existed but it was on off position so yeah it should not be adding pictures to my contacts even if I talk to someone on messenger it should not be adding their profile picture to my contacts if I don't put it in there because I don't link my contacts to any social media I don't do that and there's a really good reason why I don't do that not just because I don't I'm private there's a real reason to protect my safety so this is really **bleep**g me out that this is happening
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

as @VerbumVeritum said, it's a function of the contact app and the service you're using. if I use Google contacts, then all of my contacts who have Google accounts and who have uploaded a picture or Avi to their Google account will have their picture appear in my contacts list. same thing with Samsung account users. Microsoft? they're still behind the times on this particular thing. neither Samsung nor Google are surreptitiously placing contact photos on your device.

0 Likes
userrRAtahnB60
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
@cawbugs this happened to me too! I have pic saved for a contact & whatever pic they added to their profile took over. It's annoying! And I'm concerned that my profile pic is auto appearing for others. How do you turn it off??