Original topic:

Voicemails disappeared???

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 07:31 AM)
Cherie25
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I had about 6 saved voicemails on my s22 ultra that's unlocked and I have service through Mint Mobile. Went to sort through them today and they're mysteriously gone? Mint says that they cannot access them and it is a Samsung problem. Any suggestions?

Also does samsung not offer visual voicemail? I combed through my phone settings and it is nowhere to be found....
5 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Voicemail is a carrier thing, not a Samsung thing
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Mint is lying to you.  Voicemail and any problems with it is strictly on the carrier side.  Samsung does not have a VVM app, but there are a few in the Play store that should work with any carrier.  Google Voice, Phone by Google, some of the other carrier branded ones may work.

0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Voice mail is a carrier issue I think they save for a certain amount of time than get removed unless they changed that don't think visual voicemail is on the phone by default
0 Likes
Ziahh
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe after a while they get trashed like after 30 days?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

When I go to my voicemail box (The regular one, not the VVM), after I play a message it asks if I want to delete or save in the archive and then it tells me saved (not the archived ones, just the ones you don't delete) messages will be deleted after 14 days.  I don't know if each carrier has a specific time period for which it keeps undeleted messages, or if it's a universal period of time.  Perhaps you should archive your messages and not just not delete them.  But, it your voice mailbox is still controlled by your carrier, not Samsung.

0 Likes