Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5/6 not sending or receiving texts/delays in notifications

(Topic created: a week ago)
userV0ElpCBWZ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why can't I send or receive texts when my phone is turned off?? I have a galaxy watch 6 classic and a fold 5. I a cannot send or receive texts messages when my phone is turned off. I have tried Samsung messaging app and Google Messaging app. Either works. I have had older model watches 3, 4 and 5. All LTE through At&t. They all worked fine in this situation. So I don't understand why Samsung would take this option away for for it's latest devices!!! They need to fix this ASAP!!!

43 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

I feel your pain.  I had no problem with my LTE service on my Watch 4, voice or text, until I paired it with my new phone.  As with you, I was on the phone quite a while with the T-Mobile tech people (not CS, they can't help with anything) and I don't believe it was solved. I can get calls, but I believe I still can't get texts (I haven't gotten any texts while w/o my phone, so I don't know for sure), and when disengaged from my phone the battery life is non-existent, so is useless anyway.  Since I'm never very far from my phone these days, the point is moot right now, but I am considering dropping the watch line, and then picking it up again when T-Mobile is giving away watches for adding a new line (and when I'm ready for a new watch).  I don't like paying for something I'm not using either.

0 Likes
Samsung_j6v8X3R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have an older galaxy watch and when it does that it's usually after either battery has died and I restart the phone and turn Bluetooth off & on again and do the same with sync also and it usually works again 

Hope this helps good luck 

0 Likes
Kiki94
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have one watch 6, but in earlier, I bought it, I could call to anyone normally, but recently, I can not call but only text message. Anyone face this problem?

0 Likes
Honnalove
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch4 connects to the phone for calls only now. Itvjo longer allows messaging. Notifications are on, but nothing. This happened within the last few weeks. What can I do?

0 Likes