Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5/6 not sending or receiving texts/delays in notifications

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 12:23 AM)
userV0ElpCBWZ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why can't I send or receive texts when my phone is turned off?? I have a galaxy watch 6 classic and a fold 5. I a cannot send or receive texts messages when my phone is turned off. I have tried Samsung messaging app and Google Messaging app. Either works. I have had older model watches 3, 4 and 5. All LTE through At&t. They all worked fine in this situation. So I don't understand why Samsung would take this option away for for it's latest devices!!! They need to fix this ASAP!!!

47 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

AT&T is the problem if I'm not mistaken. The call and text on another device setting isn't allowable by AT&T. If my phone isn't blue tooth linked it won't do anything.

Summers07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Slight similar problem, I can send and receive texts but no files, photos, or videos.
wonderinglove
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Can't send any text out or do any deleting or notifications so how turn off the RUI please help..
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try Wear->watch settings->Advanced Features->Remote Connection=ON

It should work and has nothing to do with Call and Text on other Devices.

It does take 30-60 seconds after loosing conection with the phone for the LTE to connect and work
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userV0ElpCBWZ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did all of that. Keep in mind that this isn't my first galaxy smartwatch with LTE. I have had others and know very well how to work them and troubleshoot them.
JustOwen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's best to partner with your carrier to troubleshoot messaging. It sounds like you already did that. Also sounds like it's not your first rodeo. Maybe you've already tried these steps, but to rule it out:

- Verify the EID is updated with your carrier. With your phone off, do you receive voice calls? Is it exclusively a messaging issue? If not, it may be a pairing issue not just from the device end but also from the service provider end. Ensure the watch line was never updated to a standalone watch plan. Another common issue is a new watch line was added to your account and two watch lines cannot be paired to the same phone number
- from your watch, have you checked the permissions settings for your messaging app and all are turned on?
- do the default messaging apps match on both the phone and the watch?
- is Do Not Disturb turned off for both phone and watch? Goodnight mode, Airplane Mode and Theatre mode is off as well? If it was ever On before, it could have gotten stuck even after toggling off, in which case ensure it is off and restart watch.
0 Likes
userV0ElpCBWZ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have did everything. Understand this is not my first smartwatch connected with LTE. I have contacted AT&T and Samsung. No help from either.
TylerMorris
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi,
Has anyone been experiencing some delay in notifications to your galaxy watch? It's never happened before, but since I've changed to a fold 5 and started using the galaxy 6 Classic with this phone, I've been experiencing delays in receiving text messages. As well, the watch sometimes will not even notify me at all. Any help would be appreciated please! 
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do you have a Bluetooth-only or an LTE variant?
0 Likes