JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is & how do get rid of thin grey bar?

(Topic created: 11-26-2022 08:29 PM)
user36xSaR07y1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Had to do a reset setting on my Samsung S22.  Now I have a bar on the right side of my screen. When I slide left its about 1/2” and all along the side.  I see a plus sign and at the bottom 3 rows  of 3 dots and a “pencil.” What is & where do I go to remove it? It seems Application related Thx. 

6 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Turn off edge panels in display settings
user36xSaR07y1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Perfect. Thx.

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Now that you know what it is and how to turn it off, you should try it.  It is a very useful tool for managing the apps that you regularly use. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
user36xSaR07y1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Thx. But I have an Apps shortcut via Nova Launcher.  

i was trying to change the answering phone calls setting in the Samsung settings under accessibility/interaction & dexterity/assistant menu then replace swipe with single tap - which brought me down this rabbit hole. Samsung sure does not make it easy.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Heh, easy?  If it was then people would complain that it isn't complex enough for a flagship!

But in all seriousness, these phones are so full of features and the hallmark of Android is configurability, it's a tall order to make them "easy" but that's what Samsung tries to do with the One UI improvements.  I find it challenging and fun to always be learning these devices

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Pineape
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
While on game I try to watch video and I get nothing but black with loading symbol with game music it does nothing so I have to exit out, we're ever I ínter to watch an ad to gain coins or upgrades exced
0 Likes