Original topic:

Wifi disconnect

(Topic created: Friday)
Options
Galaxy S22

Why is there no option for me to disconnect from a wifi.

The only way to disconnect is either turn off wifi in general or turn off auto-reconnect.
Please out back the options to simple disconnect.
26 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm not doing anything wrong.
when I tap the said network - regardless of Auto-reconnect being on or off - it will not disconnect.
however, that same feature with Bluetooth devices does work with just tapping the said "device," and it will disconnect.

If you can show me that tapping the network will disconnect, that would be great, but that hasn't been working for me since the last couple of updates
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
DrmonstrTing it eould require a screen recording and we cannot post screen recordins here.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
You can send it to my IG with my username same as here
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
You can just choose another network. Even if it does not connect, it will disconnect you from your current network and won't reconnect as long as auto reconnect is turned off. I don't know why it's sich a big deal to you if you remain connected to a particular network at any given time.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
It's not a big deal, like I explained in a comment, replying to someone else that sometimes I do need to disconnect from specific networks, including dash cam Wi-Fi, etc. Most of the time, I want my Wi-Fi on for media connectivity such as Android auto, etc. That's uses wifi
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

They are not doing anything wrong.  Their point is valid.  There is no dis-connect option from a WiFi network, even ones that you are not auto connecting to.  I just tested this and turned off auto-connect (which did disconnect me FYI).  I then connected back to the same network, and found no disconnect options exists.  @realaud Perhaps you can provide a screenshot of this setting if you are so sure that they are doing something wrong?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
May only work on non private networks. 1728928850225.jpg
0 Likes