Original topic:

Android auto not connecting

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 06:25 PM)
lecarusin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello all,

I recently changed from a Huawei P30 Pro to a Galaxy S23 Ultra. I'm having trouble with Android Auto with the phone. With my previous one, I could just connect it via USB to the car (Ex.: Kia Morning, Kia Sonet, Kia Niro) and it would automatically prompt in the phone the Android Auto app.

However, with my new Galaxy one, Ive only been able to connect to the Kia Niro, with wireless Android Auto. With the citycar, I connected via USB, but it only charged the phone, no prompt whatsoever to use Android Auto, and if I connected via Bluetooth, it worked only for audio, not maps or anything.

Is the problem that the Android Auto version is too old for my phone, or is the S23 not able to connect via USB? 

Thanks for any help!

FC

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Redrider54
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I had issues similar to this with my S23 Ultra. I tried several different cables and finally one worked..
Just recently I went from my S23 ultra to an S24 Ultra and my android auto stopped working even with the cable that worked fine on my 23U. Tried different cables and again it worked. Idk it's finicky with the cables for some reason..

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Redrider54
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I had issues similar to this with my S23 Ultra. I tried several different cables and finally one worked..
Just recently I went from my S23 ultra to an S24 Ultra and my android auto stopped working even with the cable that worked fine on my 23U. Tried different cables and again it worked. Idk it's finicky with the cables for some reason..
lecarusin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Do you have any advice on which USB-A / USB-C cable should I use? The one I tried with was the same I had for my previous phone (Huawei), so no idea if brand or anything matters

0 Likes
Redrider54
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Honestly no. Because one that worked for my S23 didn't for my S24. I would just get a few different cheap ones from Amazon and try it out.
0 Likes
lecarusin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Update: I tried with an USB A - C, from my Bose headphones, and that one ran/connected to the AndroidAuto from the car. Going to see if any other cables I have also work, just in case.

But yeah, it was what you said, to try different ones. Accepted the first answer as solution, btw. Thanks!

Redrider54
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Awesome! Glad it worked. It so weird that it happens. Figured my cable that worked on S23 would work for S24. Nope. Just glad I had others to try in the house.