Original topic:

Applovin ads all over my home screen

(Topic created: 08-05-2023 03:09 PM)
Steelerz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

All of a sudden this applovin ad company is flooding my homehome screen with Google play ads.

23 Replies
Steelerz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this very annoying adware?
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Steelerz In Settings>Developer options you are able to check the Running services. This will help you identify the app causing the ads and take the appropriate action. To turn on developer options go to Settings>About phone>Software information>tap Build number until enabled. Developer options will be at the bottom of your phone's settings menu.

Steelerz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanx for the info, but still not sure what action to take
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

@Steelerz Do you see any apps that are running but you're unfamiliar with, or seem strange? Any 3rd party app you have installed recently is the likely source of your problem.

Steelerz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
yeah I see a few that I'm not familiar with, but I'm not sure if they're important or not
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

@Steelerz What are the names of them? Have you not installed any new apps recently?

Steelerz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
here's a screenshotScreenshot_20230805_170849_Settings.jpg
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23

@Steelerz Try stopping anything strange one by one until you find it. I couldn't really find anything about those on my end, and they don't appear in my running services. Anything important that you stop will either start back up automatically or be back when you restart the device. 

PhonesalesmanSteve
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Keep sending screen shots I will tell you which one as well
0 Likes