JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can my phone be compromised by neighbors "Additional" devices under my Bluetooth settings? Samsung S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 10-14-2023 05:12 PM)
BabyM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My neighbors devices (their TV'S) show up under my Bluetooth settings as "Additional Devices" should I be concerned? I'm new to my Samsung S23 mobile phone and apprehensive about the aforementioned devices. Can my phone be compromised by these neighbors "Additional" devices under my Bluetooth settings? I'm not comfortable with seeing these devices listed on my phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Devices that you have paired will not be accessible by others (and vice versa). You are probably able to see other Wi-Fi networks as well. There's absolutely nothing to be concerned about. 🙂

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Devices that you have paired will not be accessible by others (and vice versa). You are probably able to see other Wi-Fi networks as well. There's absolutely nothing to be concerned about. 🙂
BabyM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Okay. I only have one device paired to my Bluetooth and I wasn't worried about that pairing being compromised. However seeing my neighbors devices listed, as you refer to as their WiFi networks being okay, and nothing to be concerned about put me at ease. That was a relief. With so much hacking going on I guess I kinda overreacted. Thank you so much for responding and easing my fears. Have a great evening!